DESTINATION: Hong Kong
Timezone: 3:02:06 PM
Official Language(s): Cantonese, English is widely spoken
ABOUT Hong KongFacts
Hong Kong's geographical location has made it a prime centre for Eastern and Western nations to engage in international trade. With its easy accessibility, sophisticated infrastructure, business-friendly environment, professional expertise, and vibrant lifestyle, professional bodies and international organisations find unbeatable opportunities to exchange knowledge and establish contacts regionally and in Mainland China. As this city is already home to some of the largest global trade shows, it offers access to Chinese suppliers and Asia's most robust manufacturing hubs, in addition to the latest international technology and expertise in Asian markets.
- Meetings and Exhibitions Hong Kong (discoverhongkong.com/mice/eng/)
DESTINATION VENUES More Venues
Disney Explorers Lodge Disney Explorers Lodge, the third hotel of Hong Kong Disneyland R ... Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel Just 30mins from the city centre and 15mins from the airport, Hon ... Hong Kong Disneyland Resort Just 30mins from the city centre and 15mins from the airport, Hon ... The Mira Hong Kong Boasting the largest pillar-less ballroom in Hong Kong, The Mira ... Airport World Trade Centre Club Airport World Trade Centre Club Benefit from our unique airport ... AsiaWorld-Expo AsiaWorld-Expo offers a full range of meeting and conference faci ...
MAJOR CONVENTION CENTRES
Hong Kong Convention & Exhibition Centre (www.hkcec.com)
- Located in the heart of Hong Kong with Victoria Harbour as its backdrop, connected to two hotels and within walking distance to nearly 6,000 hotel rooms. It is also linked to MTR Wanchai Station.
- The total rentable space is now 91,500m2. Hall 5BC can accommodate an audience of 8,000 and has a retractable telescopic seating system for 3,200 people.
- Has an in-venue MTR station and is located on the Airport Express line; journeys take just one minute from the airport or 28 minutes from the central business district.
- Offers more than 70,000m2 exhibition space including 10 ground-level, column-free exhibition halls with heigh ceilings (10m to 19m). The AsiaWorld-Arena is equipped with premium acoustic panelling systems, modular seating systems and star-quality backstage facilities.
CURRENCY EXCHANGE RATE
Hong Kong International Airport (www.hongkongairport.com)
- Cross-boundary coaches, a direct cross-boundary limousine service and the SkyPier cross-boundary ferry service help connect passengers arriving at HKIA to 115 mainland cities and towns.
- Taxis in Hong Kong are colour-coded according to their operating areas: urban taxis (Red) serve all destinations throughout Hong Kong including the airport except Tung Chung Road and roads in south Lantau; New Territories taxis (Green) serve only the New Territories and specific roads in Lantau; and Lantau taxis (Blue) serve all destinations in Lantau and the airport. Detailed information on taxis and other modes of transportation are listed in the airport's website.
- Taxi fares to Hong Kong island range from HK$100 to HK$345 depending on the destination, excluding baggage and toll charges.
VISA / INFORMATION
Citizens of most countries do not require visas and can stay for period varying seven to 180 days. For details, check with Chinese embassies or consulates, or the Immigration Department's website www.immd.gov.hk/ehtml/hktraveldoc_3.htm.