Timezone: 3:02:44 PM
Official Language(s): Malay, English is widely spoken
Malaysia has developed sophisticated domestic transportation and outbound-travel networks, for the convenience of MICE organisers. Its cities and islands present contemporary, comfortable and well-planned venues, equipped with advanced AV equipment and support staff. Delegates and officials may enjoy a range of accommodation options including the world-class 5-star hotels and rejuvenative spas. The Malaysian government has also initiated its Meet & Experience campaign to offer premium incentives to potential event organisers, in a bid to make MICE events as seamless an experience as possible.
DESTINATION VENUES More Venues
Bukit Gambang Resort City Easily accessible via major roads and highways, BGRC is just 8 km ... Hard Rock Hotel Penang Organize your next meetings in Penang at the Hard Rock Hotel Pena ...Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre Situated at the centre of Kuala Lumpur’s Central Business Distr ...Ambassador Row Hotel Suites by Lanson Place Ambassador Row Hotel Suites by Lanson Place is an urban oasis in ... Avillion Admiral Cove With its large number of ballrooms and meeting rooms and top qual ... Avillion Legacy Melaka VERSATILE VENUES Pacific Ballroom: Pillarless and with high cei ...
MAJOR CONVENTION CENTRES
Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre (www.klccconventioncentre.com)
- In the city's commercial and business district.
- Facilities include two auditoriums, 9,710m2 of exhibition space, a grand ballroom, conference hall, banquet hall and 20 meeting rooms.
- The TenOnCall service offers 10 meeting spaces with f&b for meetings called on very short notice, from two to 150 people.
- Located 1,865m above sea level, 51km north-east of Kuala Lumpur.
- Consists of a grand ballroom which can seat up to 2,000 banquet-style, 18 meeting rooms, a pre-function foyer, a business centre and VIP/media rooms.
- Adjacent to six hotels offering a total of 10,000 rooms.
- Located eight kilometres from Kuching's city centre and overlooks the scenic Sarawak River.
- Has rainforest-themed architecture and facilities include an exhibition hall that can be divided into four, 14 meetings rooms, a restaurant and a business centre.
CURRENCY EXCHANGE RATE
Kuala Lumpur International Airport (www.klia.com.my)
- Located 55km south of Kuala Lumpur.
- Airport Limo offers taxi and limousine services to selected areas in Kuala Lumpur and Selangor.
- The KLIA Exspres train is a 28-minute non-stop service to the city and charge RM35 (one way) and RM70 (return). Express coaches and car rentals are also available.
- Located 11km south of Kuching in East Malaysia.
- There are also several companies offering private coach and car transfers to the city. A taxi fare to the city costs about RM20 to RM40 and there is a midnight surcharge of 50 per cent of the fare.
VISA / INFORMATION
Most nationalities do not require visas for social or business visits. For the latest updates, contact the nearest Malaysia diplomatic mission of Tourism Malaysia office. Details are available at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs website. www.kln.gov.my/web/guest/requirement-for-foreigner