DESTINATION: South Korea
Timezone: 4:02:56 PM
Official Language(s): Korean
ABOUT South KoreaFacts
Ranked in the top ten convention destinations in the world and the top three in Asia, South Korea is a Northeast Asian business hub with a high level of safety and extremely low crime rates. Its state-of-the-art transportation systems and world-class accommodations make it an attractive location for MICE organisers. In Seoul, its representative convention centres are located near to a casino, shopping mall, airport terminal and the World Trade Centre, with 36 of its hotels serving as convention hotels and sites for international conferences.
- Korea MICE Bureau (www.koreaconvention.org)
DESTINATION VENUES More Venues
MAJOR CONVENTION CENTRES
COEX Convention and Exhibition Centre, Seoul (www.coex.co.kr)
- Located in the Gangnam, Seoul's business district.
- A four-floor meetings venue with over 450,000m2 of total floor space. Offers four underground parking levels, a 1,070-seat auditorium, a convention hall for up to 7,000 people, a grand ballroom, a conference centre composed of 30 smaller meetings rooms, four further event and exhibition halls and the specially designed ASEM Hall with 80 seats.
- Facilities include a pillar-free exhibition hall for up to 1,800 booths, a multipurpose hall, 22 conference rooms, a 13,233m2 outdoor exhibition space with electricity and phone connections, and the Nurimaru APEC House.
- In South Jeju, about an hour by car from the airport.
- Tamna Hall is a convention space for up to 4,300 peolpe theatre-style and can be divided into three separate areas. There is also a 2,395m2 exhibition space, meetings rooms, a 5,545m2 central lobby area for functions and outdoor grounds suitable for events.
CURRENCY EXCHANGE RATE
Incheon International Airport (www.airport.kr/eng/)
- Details of taxi fares from the airport are listed in the airport's website under the section Arrivals & Departures - To & From. The website also lists details of bus servvices, KTX Airport Express rail service and parking information.
- Buses, car rentals and taxis are available. There are two taxis stands, one for short-distance taxis (to Jeju City, Aeweol and Hallim in the west; Jocheon and Gimnyeong in the east) and the other for long-distance taxis (to Bukjeju County, Namjeju County, Jungmun and Seogwipo except Jeju City).
VISA / INFORMATION
Passport holders of most countries including Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Hong Kong, Japan, the UK and the US do not require a visa. For updates, visit the websites of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade (www.mofat.go.kr/english/visa/apply/index.jsp) and the Immigration Bureau (www.immigration.go.kr/indeximmeng.html).