World Dream, operated by Dream Cruises, is the first cruise ship to receive the SG SafeEvent Certification by Singapore Association of Convention and Exhibition Organisers and Suppliers (SACEOS).
In addition to ensuring hygiene benchmarks, Dream Cruises’ MICE At Sea cruises will adhere to Singapore Tourism Board’s CruiseSafe guidelines and SG SafeEvent Certification, with stringent safe distancing measures, capacity controls, and event cohort groups’ safety assurance.
“Singapore has long been renowned as a safe and trusted Global Asia hub for business events. However, during these exceptional times, we have re-imagined MICE At Sea cruises in anticipation of regional cruise resumption to welcome international fly-cruise MICE event delegates to Singapore onboard World Dream once again,” said Michael Goh, president of Dream Cruises.
This certification builds on the success of an SME Learning Cruise that was organised by Shin Min Daily News, Bosses Network and Dream Cruises on October 1 – 3, 2021, the largest event at sea since World Dream’s cruise resumption, added Goh.
The guidelines for MICE at Sea cruises include:
- Full vaccination for all passengers and ship crew
- Same day Covid-19 Antigen Rapid Testing for guests
- Staggered cruise embarkation/disembarkation times
- Deployment of safe distancing and crowd control Cruise Ambassadors and dedicated Hotel Event team during events
- Contactless contact tracing technology such as TraceTogether Token/App, Tracey Tokens, Cabin Key Cards and CCTV surveillance records
- 100 per cent fresh air ventilation in each cabin and public areas with no re-circulation of air
- A well-equipped 24-hour Medical Centre with Covid-19 testing capability, two doctors including an Infection Control Officer, Isolation wards & Quarantine cabins
- Increased frequency of sanitation at high-touch points using hospital-grade disinfectants
Deluxe accommodation, Asian and international cuisines, entertainment shows and recreational activities are all included in the price of the cruise fare with the option to elevate the event experience to the next level in ‘The Palace’ – the “luxury ship-within-a-ship” concept across the Dream Cruises’ fleet that includes all-suite accommodations, 24-hour butler concierge service and exclusive privileges.
The World Dream is well-equipped with versatile onboard venues, with business facilities featuring the latest state-of-the-art technology including simultaneous translation service, HD screens, live streaming facilities and photo/video services. A dedicated Hotel Events team is also ready to offer event customisation to fulfil the needs and business objectives of every meeting planner and event organiser.
“As we continue to see the reopening of MICE events in Singapore, delivering a sense of confidence in the safety and wellbeing of all event attendees will be key for enterprises. And that is what the SG SafeEvent Certification aims to do… We hope more enterprises will come onboard the SG SafeEvent Certification to gain a competitive edge as we build towards a safe and progressive reopening of MICE events,” said Dylan Sharma, vice president, advocacy & communications, SACEOS.