Meetings & Events Australia (MEA) revealed the results of its 2022 Board Director Ballot at its Annual General Meeting (AGM) last week.
There were five contested positions, and nominations were received from seven candidates whose profiles and policy statements were presented to voting-eligible MEA members.
The five highest vote counts were received by:
• Alicia Thomas, Royal International Convention Centre
• Emma McDowell, Saxton Speakers Bureau
• Vanessa Green, Cliftons
• Thomas Staunton, SoldOut Events
• Mike Schrafft, VMS Event & Conference Logistics
A meeting of the new Board was held after the AGM, at which the offices of chair, deputy chair, treasurer and company secretary were determined. These role bearers moving forward are:
• Chair: Michael Firman, Harry the hirer
• Deputy chair: Megan Peters, Lateral Event Management
• Treasurer: Paul Davison, Sydney Masonic Centre
• Company secretary: Peter McDonald, Meetings & Events Australia
Jess Glass of The University of Queensland will also continue on the MEA Board for the third year ensuring a full complement of nine directors as required by the Constitution.