Recognition of Hilton brand helps bring in MICE customers

One of the function spaces on the property with abundant natural lighting

The 316-key DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Penang in Malaysia is seeing a growth in demand for meetings, incentives and conferences at the property since its January opening.

The hotel’s business development manager, Joyi Ng, attributed the growth to the recognition of the Hilton brand, saying that it was strong in Malaysia and this has helped to attract more events. Events mainly hail from the domestic market, and overseas markets such as Singapore, Greater China, and the UK.

One of the function spaces on the property with abundant natural lighting

Ng further shared that 40 per cent of the hotel’s business mix are from the business events sector who make use of the hotel facilities for their functions. The remaining 60 per cent are leisure tourists.

From August 6-9, DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Penang will also be the venue for the Asian Leadership Conference 2018. Around 500 delegates are expected to attend, and it will be the largest conference booking to date, revealed Ng.

The seafront resort, located in the Batu Ferringhi area, has the largest pillarless ballroom in Penang, provides a lot of natural daylight and overlooks a garden and pool. Other meeting facilities include three function rooms that can hold 12 and 120 delegates, and a sea-facing terrace that is suitable for cocktails or teambuilding activities. In addition, the beach fronting the hotel, known as Miami beach, is also suitable for teambuilding events up to a maximum of 50 pax.

This property is the first DoubleTree Resort in Malaysia, and joins three other DoubleTree hotel properties in the country, namely DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Kuala Lumpur, DoubleTree by Hilton Melaka and DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Johor Bahru.

Sponsored Post

LEAVE A REPLY

*Comment moderation is in use. Please do not submit your comment twice.