Meetings & Events Australia (MEA) held its Annual General Meeting on November 24, 2020, where the nine directors of the Board were announced, with executive positions subsequently appointed by the Board.
MEAâ€™s board of directors and executive roles are as follows:
- Nigel Collin â€“ chairperson
- Suzana Bishop, Fed Square â€“ deputy chair
- Beverley Williamson, Melbourne Convention Bureau â€“ secretary
- Michael Firman, Harry the Hirer â€“ treasurer
- Paul Davison, Sydney Masonic Centre – director
- Belinda Doery, Solterbeck – director
- Kirsty Forbes, Accor Hotels – director
- Jessica Glass, University of Queensland- director
- Paula Nolan, Commonwealth Bank of Australia – director
At the AGM, the Board acknowledged the contribution of directors Kate Smith and Alana Hay who completed their term on the Board; and Robyn Johnson for her tenure as CEO and welcomed their continued support as valued members of MEA.
Newly-elected chair of the Board, Nigel Collin commented: â€œThe new Board is committed to continuing to focus on the needs of our members through these challenging times as we build and strengthen our Association and industry into the future.”
The Board will continue to meet regularly including a strategic planning day scheduled for January 2021, where the new Board will undertake a review of the membership value proposition, identify new business opportunities and seek to strengthen its educational offering.