The Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre (MCEC) announced its annual Club Melbourne Ambassador Program Award winners in a ceremony last week, acknowledging the recipients of the past three years.
The award winners are:
2020 Club Melbourne Awards
- Stephen Durkin - 5th Australasian Ground Control in Mining Conference – AusRock
- Mary Lawson - Ottawa Conference on the Assessment of Competence in Medicine and the Healthcare Professions
2021 Club Melbourne Awards
- Simon Crowe - International Congress of Psychology
- Thas A. Nirmalathas - Opto-Electronics and Communications Conference
- Thas A. Nirmalathas - Global Entrepreneurship Congress
2022 Club Melbourne Awards
- Matthew Jackson - Outstanding Achievement
The Annual Club Melbourne Fellowship programme was also announced, with Melbourne researchers Gemma Sharp and Shoujin Wang named this year’s recipients. Launched to support the next generation of Melbourne’s research leaders, the Fellowship was created to recognise excellence in research and leadership in mid-career Melburnian researchers.
The Club Melbourne Ambassador Program includes 126 Victorians from diverse disciples of medicine, science and environment, technology, engineering, business, and education, with only a select few invited to join the programme each year.
With support from the Melbourne Convention Bureau, Club Melbourne Ambassadors have helped to secure 156 business events for Melbourne bringing more than 177,400 delegates and contributing A$1 billion (US$689.1 million) to the Victorian economy since 2005.