The Professional Convention Management Association (PCMA) has released more details for its inaugural Convening Asia Pacific: The Global Recovery Forum, which will be held in a hybrid format on November 10, from 12.00 to 16.00.
Held at ICC Sydney, the programme will be a mix of panels, seminars and workshops, will feature renowned event professionals, including:
- Nicki Kenyon, board member, Australian Grand Prix Corporation, ex-Facebook, Visa, Visit Victoria and experienced marketing and growth strategist
- Rebecca Hallett, APAC head of events & experiences, Google
- Anna Patterson, vice president and managing director, George P. Johnson Experience Marketing, Singapore
- Jack Delosa, founder, chairman and executive director, The Entourage
- Lucille Marie Essey, senior vice president, executive creative director & show director, Greater China, Jack Morton Worldwide
- Lisa Ronson, chief marketing officer, Coles Group, ex Tourism Australia
- James Bennett, director of creative technologies APAC, Project Worldwide Hong Kong
Kenyon, who will moderate a panel session at Convening Asia Pacific with other CMOs, said the marketerâ€™s role in driving growth and engagement for a company or event is more important now than ever.
â€œBuilding successful marketing campaigns is reliant on clear business goals, a detailed, well thought out strategy and a customer-centric approach. Events are built on a foundation of entertainment, and even though not many events are running face-to-face at the moment, we need to remember what the essence of events are â€“ engaging with our audiences.
â€œCovid-19 may have changed the events industry and how we appeal to audiences, attract sponsors and sell tickets, but with it there has also been opportunities to adapt, test new channels to use and consider new ways to engage with audiences outside of our regions,” she said.
Kenyon revealed that the panel will share their experiences in building successful marketing strategies, adapting tactics in a data and technology-enabled world, and discuss how to appeal to a B2B landscape virtually.
Karen Bolinger, PCMA’s managing director of APAC, added: “Some key sessions will provide valuable insights into digital marketing from the technical, creative, data insights and distribution channel perspectives.
“This will appeal to audiences who want to boost attendance and engagement, setting the event up for success and answering the â€˜howâ€™ of events today.”