Food and Hotel Asia (FHA) – Food & Beverage 2022 is back physically for the first time since the onset of the pandemic, and will be held from September 5-8, 2022 at the Singapore Expo.
The four-day event is expected to feature over 2,000 exhibitors and 50 international group pavilions – such as Australia, Belgium, Denmark, Germany, South Korea, and the Netherlands – across 60,000m2 of exhibition space. Around 35,000 local and international visitors are also expected to attend.
New to the 2022 edition of FHA-Food & Beverage is a 1,400m2 feature zone dedicated entirely to plant-based and food-technology alternatives to animal proteins. Alternative Protein Asia (APA) is offering a maturing industry vertical a new B2B platform to conduct business, connect with investors, address sustainable practices, and provide a four-day thought-leadership conference on innovation.
Exhibiting food tech companies include global players like Impossible Foods, Harvest Gourmet, First Pride, Big Idea Ventures, Finnebrogue, Tindle, Oatside, GrowthWell, Shiok Meats and many others.
APA’s conference programme will also feature over 40 thought leaders and experts from companies such as Nestle, Accor, GlobalData, and SaladStop!, and schools such as Singapore Management University and Nanyang Technological University.
APA will also host the inaugural Big Idea Food Competition, created by Big Idea Ventures, which will shine a spotlight on the best plant-based food entrepreneurs in Asia with the winner clinching an investment prize of US$200,000 at the finals.
Other key events in the line-up include:
- FHA Culinary Challenge where top chefs and culinary teams compete to be the best in their field;
- Halal Theatre, co-organised by Warees Halal is offering a selection of workshops and seminars that will focus on four main areas: certification, trends, technologies, and case studies;
- F&B Start-Up Village, a launchpad for F&B start-ups;
- Food Technology Zone which will spotlight industry developments and future trends in food processing and manufacturing, packaging solutions; and
- FHA Seminar with over 70 industry seminars and workshops featuring over 100 speakers
And after being a part of Food&HotelAsia (FHA) for 44 years, FHA Horeca – which caters to hotels, restaurants, and cafes – will have a spin-off on its own slated for October 25-28, 2022.